Sunday, May 24, 2015

Vicinity Cafe, Caulfield South by Obelix

I had the most inexplicable urge to eat a waffle one fine Sunday morn (nope, not preggas if you were wondering).  As I was passing through Glenhuntly Road, I randomly stopped at one of their cafes satisfy my waffle craving. 

So there I was a Vicinity Café scanning the menu with a slightly crazed and frantic look for waffles.  They didn’t have any.  But I had already sat down and engaged.  I couldn’t back away.  So I ordered the next best thing dripping in maple syrup – a stack of buttermilk pancakes. 

Did they fill my waffle void?  Yes it did.  It had the wonderful ratio of fluffy carbs, sticky maple syrup and butteryness.  It came with a compote of seasonal fruit.  I was a bit disappointed they were bananas for I loathe the big B but I guess there are some folks who like bananas softened over heat in a pool of butter. 


I washed it down with a cup of green tea. 

Saw this very apt sign on the way to the loos....

Verdict:  We liked it. 

Overall
Vicinity is a cosy café catering to the locals.  It does the usual all day breakfast and the lunch menu consisted of various burgers.  Friendly staff and quick service.  

Vicinity cafe bar and restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...