Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Raffa & The Fox, Albert Park (by invitation) by Obelix

Raffa & The Fox is literally a stone's throw from the beach.  The concertina doors open up to the street and it's a relaxed vibe with very friendly and attentive service.  It has opened seven months ago and it's a very welcome addition to the beach end of the Victoria Ave strip in Albert Park.

Daddy-O and I were recommended the falafel as a starter to share.  It was one of the best falafels I've ever had.  They were like sweet potato gems combined with chickpeas.  Amazing.  I took a picture of it mid meal to send to my sister to make her jealous.  She queried whether I had enhanced the photo with filters.  But this was a strictly #nofilters shot.  These falafels just looked amazing as was the taste.

I was rather intrigued by the Braised Beef Cheeks with Wild Mushroom and Espresso Infused Jus...doesn't it just sound woodsy and divine?  I had to have it.  And I'm so glad I ordered it for the beef was so sublime, it just fell apart with a poke of the fork.  The mushrooms were intensely flavoured and if I could eat a wooded glade, that's what I think the mushrooms tasted like.

Daddy-O had the fish special which was a rock ling.  It was a mammoth piece of fish and was cooked to perfection.  Daddy-O was very pleased with it and declared it tasted better than my beef.  I begged to differ.


We had a few sides to share.  They were the green beans with toasted almonds and Daddy-O's pick of the night, roasted carrot and sultana salad with harissa pomegranate dressing.  They were beautifully presented.  I particularly recommend the carrot salad.  It was like a walk through a Moroccan souk.


Raffa & The Fox are kitted out with a serious bar.  Daddy-O had a glass of red but I being the designated driver did not get to sample some of the lovely drinks that the bar tender was knocking up.

Verdict:  We loved it

Overall
Raffa & The Fox is a wonderful place to have a meal / gathering with friends.  The food is very well executed and the service was attentive and friendly.  You will not be disappointed.

The ambiance is relaxed and friendly with the emphasis on good food and good drinks.  Raffa & The Fox has a function room upstairs which hold about 30-odd people.  There was a party going on upstairs on the night we were there.  It sounded fun and we were tempted to gate crash.

Raffa And The Fox on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...