Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Spring St Grocer, Melbourne CBD by Obelix

The Spring St Grocer is a veritable treasure trove of all my favourite things:


Fresh flowers...


A Gelateria...


An organic grocery section selling all sorts of wonderful things.  It even sells kombucha!....


And something to really really make my heart skip a beat...a fromagerie.  It has a proper climate controlled cheese room with a very informative staff member who was a fountain of cheesy knowledge.  And they weren't skimping on the tastings either...


As tempting as all of the above, I was really at The Grocers to grab lunch.  I was very excited to see New York style deli options on the menu.


I ordered the chopped liver, egg, onion and lettuce on rye ($9).  It was absolutely awesome.  I am not usually a big offal fan but having been converted to chopped liver and egg by a Jewish family whom I use to baby sit, this rye sandwich was a walk down memory lane.  The liver was nice and plentiful and without any off putting membranous bits.  The flavours were like pate but chunkier.


The rye bread leant a beautiful dense envelop to ferry the liver and egg mixture into my maw.  The cooked down onions were a nice touch.  I was particularly thrilled by the chips on the side!  It felt like a picnic.  

My friend ordered a vegetarian panini which reported back as filling and delicious.

Verdict: We loved it

Overall
The Spring St Grocer is like a one stop shop for all things wonderful.  I wish I could bring in my sleeping bag and camp in their fromagerie and do nothing but feast on cheese, gelati, chopped liver, kombucha all day.

Spring St Grocer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...