Monday, September 12, 2016

Pho Minh Long, Ringwood by Obelix

I had waxed lyrical about Pho Minh Long Mitcham many moons ago.  Then I discovered there was a new Pho Minh Long a few kms further down Maroondah Highway.  Well, it would remiss of me to not check it out.  PML, Ringwood edition is a new establishment.  It's less crowded than its Mitcham counterpart and owned by the same people.  I am happy to report the quality and service was also on a par.

noodle soup;  fried chicken;  pho minh long
Kiddo stands by her 'usual'.  It is the Crispy Chicken with rice noodle soup.  It came also with its regular accoutrement of bean sprouts and herbs for dunking into the broth.  The chicken itself is a general crispy deep fried portion of Maryland accompanied with house pickled carrots (I usually knick these off her plate) and a chicken based pho.  It was simultaneously warming (pho) and naughtily delicious (fried chicken!).  The serve was more than plenty for a greedy 10 year old and we usually end up taking some of the chicken home for a snack afterwards.

pho minh long;  tofu;  vegetarian
As Kiddo had her usual, P and I had our usual entree.  These were crispy spiced tofu.   These were absolutely moreish.  My only complaint about these were that there were not enough of them!

pho minh long;  gai lan;  vegetarian
The stir fried Chinese broccoli were well executed with lots of 'wok hai' and the veggies stayed green and crunchy.

fried rice, pho minh long
P and I shared a large vegetarian fried rice between us.  There were lots of veggies chopped throughout: mushrooms, corn, cabbage, Chinese gai lan.  Yum!

Verdict

We loved it
We loved it.

Overall

The family that runs PML has got it down pat - good quality consistent meals;  reasonable prices and quick service.  It's a winner for a quick family dinner.

Find it at

Pho Ming Long
295 Maroondah Hwy
Ringwood  VIC 3134
Phone:  9870 9889

Pho Minh Long Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

4 comments:

Tran said...

Shocking surly service from male waiter. I believe to be owner. Was pushy making me order as I sat down. Served main course then entree. Two other staff indifferent and would not assist me. Pho was average and i had to add a heck load of chilli to make it edible

EatAndBeMerryCrew said...

I hear ya! I went back there last week and was sorely disappointed. I encountered the surly owner as well who snapped impatiently at me as I reeled off my order. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as well. I won't be returning.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have been there too and the male waiter really impatient and look down on us. I am really Pissed going there again. The shop at Mitcham has better service there.The male waiter need more training how to treat customers.

EatAndBeMerryCrew said...

He's awful. Unfortunately I think he's the owner so I definitely won't be returning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...