Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New King, Amsterdam by Bureaucrat

In a side trip to Amsterdam we had lunch at New King which is located in Chinatown.


It's not until I travel to countries do I realise how long it's been since I've eaten many staple Asian food and dishes. Naturally I blame this culinary hiatus on the lack of good food in the UK.


So with anticipation the Lawyer ordered the roast pork, roast duck and char siu on rice.


While I ordered the soya chicken on rice.

Both dishes were of a good size. All the meats weren't too fatty and tasty. We also got all the good cuts (as you'd know, sometimes it's a bit of a lottery when it comes to ordering these dishes - one get can get all the bony or overly fatty bits of the roasted meats).

Good, (relatively) cheap food...how I miss thee.

Overall
A typical mid-range Chinese cafe/restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly, and quite spacious. No complaints here.

Address
New King
Zeedijk 115-117
Amsterdam 1012 AV
Telephone: +31 (0)20 625 2180

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...