Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Food Republic, Blackburn by Obelix

In between dreaded errands which my sister and I have been putting off, we decided to fuel up at The Food Republic.  We've driven pass many a times, drawn by the wrought ironworks in the front and the relaxed atmosphere.


The interior, I thought was pretty spic.  It was like Martha Stewart had landed.  The cafe styling was provincale by way of the Hamptons.  I loved it.  I wish my own house was decked similarly.  The menu was brunch focus.

I ordered the Eggs Royal which was a benedict but with salmon.  So loads of spinach, a few slivers of smoked salmon, poached eggs, Hollandiase on top of split English muffin.  This was $19.50.  It was ok.  I somewhat regretted my choice three quarters into eating it because I found the Hollandaise combined with the smoked salmon a bit sickly rich.  But that was my fault for perhaps not making the right choice off the menu.

My sister had the fish and chips for $23.  The chips were crunchy coated and the salad was fresh.  It came with house made aioli and what looked like bonito flakes to sprinkle over.  My sister reported the fish was ok.  It was frozen fillets but it had a good batter.


I was recommended their ginger tea with honey and lemon. It was lovely for a good winter's day.


A peek a boo at their cake stand...


Verdict:  We liked it.

Overall
The Food Republic is quite a happening cafe with lovely decor, decent brunch offerings with handy parking close by.  We recommend booking as it appeared quite busy.

Click to add a blog post for The Food Republic Cafe on Zomato 

4 comments:

Miss Sage Sugar said...

Great review! Was wondering what this place was like...

EatAndBeMerryCrew said...

Thank u +misssagesugar Definitely worth a look in 😀

Laura said...

Thanks for the info guys! Those prices look a bit steep though?

EatAndBeMerryCrew said...

Not the cheapest for brunch. Personally I thought the fish & chips was worth it but the eggs were expensive for what it was

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...