Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius by Obelix

Tucked away in the media precinct of Port Louis is Le Courtyard, a restaurant offering a quiet oasis in the bustle of the capital. The restaurant and bar centre around an open topped courtyard with a burbling water fountain surrounded by greenery - pots of citrus (which we were told by the bar tender that they pluck fresh to mix in drinks), curious but spiky euphorbia, and pots of palm fanning open to the sky. 

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius, amuse bouche
Amuse bouche

The staff are so accommodating and warm. I had the privilege of attending a few media interviews whilst visiting Mauritius. Some of the interviews I attended were held at Le Courtyard for its beautiful backdrop, and other times, I simply whiled away time in between meetings sipping cool drinks and gazing serenely at the fountain.

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius, bread basket
On one occasion I had the opportunity to eat a meal and I was glad I did. Whilst the decor is French inspired, the food combines Mauritian offerings. The smell of freshly baked bread was wafting through the kitchen and tempting me with its siren's song. It was a sizeable bread basket and they were happy to top it up.

Along with the fresh bread was an amuse bouche (see first pic). This was a refreshing juice and a little zesty cucumber on a crouton.

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius, pan fried fish
The main itself was a light number. I didn't want to gorge myself too much ahead of my next meeting. I chose a pan fried local fish which came with a frothy and citrusy sauce, with a side of french fries. It was perfectly executed and prepared so quickly! The kitchen was able to accommodate our last minute order without fuss.

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius, fries
Fries

On a separate occasion, we settled at the bar to sample the boutique ciders. Unfortunately I didn't get to capture this on camera but I hope to return another time to capture their formidable range.

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius

Le Courtyard Restaurant, Mauritius

Verdict

We loved it
We loved it.
Splurge
Splurge.

Overall

Le Courtyard Restaurant smack bang in the heart of Port Louis offers a restful sanctuary with superb cuisine and impeccable service.

Find it at

Le Courtyard Restaurant
Corner Chevreau and St Louis Streets
Port-Louis, Mauritius
Phone: (+230) 210 0810

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...