Thursday, May 16, 2019

Fat Cup, Blackburn by Bureaucrat

I've noticed there's been a few changes in the eateries around Blackburn train station.  So for morning tea one day, I decided to try one out - Fat Cup.  I like the name of this place - one of abundance!  First impressions were also good.  It appears that Fat Cup is a family-run business and the plentiful smiles and happy welcomes was very nice.  The bright and spacious interior was also a plus - and I also loved the little touches of native plants and flowers dotted around the place.

Fat Cup, Blackburn, lemon tart
With a few cakes on offer, I decided to go with the lemon tart.  This was quite lemony, which I like.  However, did wish that it came with some cream just so to temper the sourness from the lemon.  

Fat Cup, Blackburn, chocolate milkshake
Boy Chick and I also got a chocolate milkshake to share.  This was good, but I didn't like how it had ice cubes blended into it (I'm old fashioned, I prefer my shakes with milk, syrup and ice cream 😊).

Fat Cup, Blackburn

Verdict

We really liked it
We really liked it.
Cheap eats
Cheap eats.

Overall

With a cute name and such friendly service, I'll be back at Fat Cup.  Next time I'll try some more of their menu items, which are mainly small eats sort of options.

Find it at

Fat Cup
84 South Parade
Blackburn VIC 3130
Phone: (03) 9894 0800

Fat Cup Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...