Saturday, January 10, 2015

Provence Artisan Bakers, Camberwell by Obelix

I feel like I'm about to divulge highly classified information.  For Provence Artisan Bakers, in my mind is a little hidden gem tucked up the top of Burke St just away from the hubbub of Camberwell junction.  It has a very narrow shop frontage so it is a case of blink and you will miss it.

The sourdough is to die for.  It is the right density and chewiness and tanginess.  I'll be frank, that is the only thing I have.  Sourdough sandwich.  I might switch up the fillings on various visits but the order is essentially the same.  The service is also excellent.

The kitchen was very accommodating when informed of my no sugar diet and they suggested what dressings I could have with my ham and salad sanger.

A lovely pot of berry green tea (full of antioxidants!) to go with my sanger.

There is also a vast array of French style baked goods as evidenced here.



Verdict: we liked it a lot.

Overall
Do seek this place out, you won't regret it.  I wager the bread here will convert any die hard Atkins devotee to the wonder of carbs.

Provence Artisan Bakers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...