Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kingswood Arms, England by Bureaucrat

On a cold, drizzling Saturday morning, I travelled to Surrey to watch Ms G and Ms C partake in a 10km run. Ms C's partner thought I'd be partaking in the run...I told him I'm not that crazy.

After the completion of the mud-splattered race, Ms C took us to one of her local pub for some much-needed hot food.


The Kingswood Arms is a quintessential English pub. Wooden beams, fireplaces, nooks and crannies to sit and sip some (warm) beer. Also, it's apparently a place to spot some well known English footballers and their wags.


Kingswood Arms also has a fairly decent restaurant that's pitched at a semi gastro pub level with a dash of family friendly atmosphere.


Ms C ordered the roast - half a chook with Yorkshire pud, stuffing, roast veg, salad and gravy. A tasty offering and I had a bit of food envy.


Ms G ordered the salmon en croute. I loved the colour of the pastry - wonderful golden brown.


I ordered the salmon fish cakes. These were nice - chunks of fish and creamy mash potatoes, but nothing exceptional. Salad was a bit limp.

Overall
A nice, cosy pub to spend a cold English afternoon. A friendly, welcoming vibe inside. Definitely like the ones you'd see on the telly. Food was generous servings and decent but nothing to rave about. I'd imagine the beer garden would be popular during summer.

Address
Kingswood Arms
Waterhouse Lane
Kingswood
Surrey KT20 6EB
Telephone: 01737 354 053

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...