Friday, June 15, 2018

Left Field, Carnegie by Bureaucrat

A long overdue catch-up with Big Fil saw us converge upon Left Field in Carnegie.  Situated on a corner of an unremarkable stretch of surburbia, Left Field draws hungry families and couples in need for decent brunch offerings.  Fortunately, when we arrived, we didn't have to wait for a table - it would have been very different had we arrived 30 minutes later.

Left Field, Carnegie, pumpkin bruschetta
Roasted pumpkin bruschetta on quinoa toast

While I didn't have Boy Chick with me, I did note that the tables are spaced reasonably apart from each other - my elbows weren't touching those of my neighbours.  Service here was also particularly friendly and came with a smile - a nice touch :)  

Left Field, Carnegie, drinks
We also ordered hot drinks - soy chai latte for me and a hot chocolate for Big Fil.

Because I had eaten a bit before I had left home, I decided to go for one of the 'lighter' option - a roasted pumpkin bruschetta on quinoa toast with hummus, feta, crispy kale, pomegranate and almond dukkah (see first pic).  While this had no meat, it wasn't a light option!  This was a substantial dish in terms of quantity and heartiness.  I liked the fact that it came on quinoa toast - a healthier and gluten free choice.  There was plenty of pumpkin, hummus and poached eggs.  In fact, I only managed to eat one of the poached eggs and had to leave about a third of the dish behind.  However, I wasn't so keen on the seasoning for the pumpkin - the kitchen was far too heavy handed when it came to the garlic and cumin.  I kept tasting those flavours all the way until dinnertime... ick.

Left Field, Carnegie, Moroccan lamb
Big Fil went for the Moroccan lamb, cauliflower, broccolini and peas with fried eggs, pomegranate, feta, toast and tahini yogurt.  This was even more substantial in size and I take it that he liked as he polished the plate.

Left Field, Carnegie

Left Field, Carnegie

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.
Mid value
Mid value.

Overall

Left Field is definitely a few notches above your sleepy cafe surburbia.  There's plenty of seating both inside and outside (there's also covered outdoor seating which would be nice during warmer days).

Service is friendly and our food came out promptly.  A good place to head to if you're wanting reasonably healthy brunch offerings at a great price.

Find it at

Left Field
358 Koornang Road
Carnegie VIC 3163
Phone: (03) 9578 2043

Left Field Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...