Monday, July 24, 2017

Le Petit Lapin, Elsternwick by Rockstar

I was hungry. So hungry. It was 2:00 pm on a Sunday and I needed, yes needed, lunch quickly as also had to get to a non-food catch-up.

So I looked close to home - there are lots of great options but often they are busy places. Le Petit Lapin is a little quieter, more cute than hipster trendy and has some easy options. I flicked past the specials, was tempted by the scones, jam and crime fraiche and the champignons omelette and saw the buckwheat galettes.

Le Petit Lapin, Elsternwick, classique crepe
I loved the buckwheat galettes in France years ago with their thin crispy slightly nutty taste so I chose the Classique with ham, cheese, parsley and fried egg with a green side salad. The fried egg was perfection - a golden gooey oozy yolk that acted like a rich sauce for the galette. A less mild cheese would have added a little more flavour. The galette was crispy and thin, and I was left full and satisfied. The salad was lovely and cut through the cheesy eggy galette beautifully.

I didn't try their hot chocolate this time round but I can highly recommend it - made with real chocolate.

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.
Cheap eats
Cheap eats.

Overall

Cute little French local cafe that's great for the area. Good food, cute place and staff with a little oh la la!

Find it at

Le Petit Lapin
322 Glen Eira Rd
Elsternwick VIC 3185
Phone: (03) 9528 2788

Le Petit Lapin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...