Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Two Birds One Stone, South Yarra by Rockstar

An overdue catch up with the West Aussie on a hot windy Melbourne spring day. After a tough week at work my brain  could not work out where to go other than South Yarra/Toorak, which was our half way point.

Two Birds One Stone, South Yarra, salmon croquette
Salmon croquettes

The West Aussie managed to score a table as soon as she arrived…. Which made up for my lateness! I'll admit I'm a much happier bruncher when I don't have to queue for a table.

The fresh orange juice was lovely and refreshing, though I prefer to be asked whether I want ice in my juice.

Two Birds One Stone, South Yarra, twice cooked French toast
I struggled to choose and went with the sweet option - a rare choice for me for brunch. I think perhaps my savoury day preferences affected how I felt about my dish. I adore French toast and the twice cooked brioche French toast with banana, chocolate sauce, vanilla anglaise and almond praline sounded divine. The two thick fingers of toast were a little under cooked; I like French toast a little more caramelised. I found the bread pudding rather bready texture a little unpleasant, and needed more of the lovely chocolate sauce and anglaise. The praline added a lovely sweet crunch.

The West Aussie chose better, a pretty, delicious, textural special. Light tasty salmon croquettes, with bright beetroot, radishes and a perfectly cooked poached egg (see first pic)! The side serve of a crispy rosemary flecked rosti was one of the best I've tried!

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.
Mid value
Mid value.

Overall

A popular busy South Yarra establishment - while our meals were mixed, I'd definitely go back to try some more savoury lunch selections.

Also have a gander at Big Fil's review.

Find it at

Two Birds One Stone
12 Claremont Street
South Yarra VIC 3141
Phone: (03) 9827 1228

Two Birds One Stone Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...