Thursday, March 29, 2018

Nutrition Darling's Pop Muesli

Cinzia Cozzolino of Nutrition Darling is on a mission to get delicious wholefoods into our artificial, over-processed lives.  With the success of Smoothie Bombs (which adds a nutritional punch into your smoothie and baked goods (I use them to make healthier versions of pancakes and carrot cakes for Boy Chick), Nutrition Darling has released a new range of healthy, natural muesli.

Nutrition Darling, Pop Muesli
Pop Muesli (photo credit: Nutrition Darling)

Nutrition Darling's products are unprocessed and unfussy to prepare. I'll admit upfront that I'm not a cereal person and much less a muesli person.  I'll also admit that I'm not one for too much vanity - I'm happy to get old and I accept the fact that my body is not longer like it was when I was in my 20s.  However, as a 30-something year old with a little one to look after, I acknowledge that I do have to put more effort into looking after myself... less sugar, less unprocessed foods (*sob!*) and more wholefoods is the way to go.

With that in mind, I thought I'd give Nutrition Darling's Pop Muesli a try.  While I've seen many pretty photos of muesli, porridge and poke bowls on Instagram that resemble works of art, I know that I'm not going to be going to that much effort for my everyday breakfast.  Effort, on my part, would be to actually make time to eat breakfast!

Nutrition Darling, Pop Muesli
So what's in a bowl of Pop Muesli?  Lots of lovely unprocessed, organic and natural things - the ingredients list is refreshing real and does not contain any added sugar.  I particularly like how the bulk of the muesli is made from popped quinoa, amaranth and brown rice - none of the usual wheat flakes or oats that you'd find in most muesli.  As we've been slowly introducing more plant-based protein into our family diet, I was very happy with the quinoa and amaranth in the Pop Muesli.

Natural sweetness comes from the chunks of preservative-free dried apricots, coconut flakes and goji berries.  While there's a goodly amount of coconut flakes and a reasonable amount of goji berries, I would have liked more apricots in the muesli. Texture comes from the plentiful sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, almonds and Brazil nuts.

Nutrition Darling, Pop Muesli

Overall

I've been eating Pop Muesli about once or twice a week for breakfast now and I feel really good.  The best thing for me is that is knowing that it's completely unprocessed, organic and has no added sugar.  I feel light yet full afterwards.  It's even enticed Boy Chick to steal a few sunflower seeds from my bowl, which is amazing since his preference runs more along more sugary, processed, mass-produced cereals.

In addition to the Pop Muesli, there's also 3 Little Birds Porridge (which sounds very gourmet with its Australian lemon myrtle, black sesame seeds and white mulberries) and 2 Tribes Granola.

The Eat and Be Merry Crew were guests of Nutrition Darling.

Find it at

Available online at http://nutritiondarling.com/ and in selected stores in 400g packs ($9.95-$14.95) or 2kg ($39-$60) packs.​

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...