Monday, October 12, 2015

Pizza By Nature, Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

It was all a matter of timing.  I was on a tram heading up Elizabeth Street, on my to West Brunswick.  But I was really, really, really hungry.  I was already cutting it real fine - I would have just enough time to get to my appointment.  But I needed to eat.  And it wasn't possible for me to grab some eats afterwards.  I didn't want to be late.  And I was hungry.  You get my dilemma?

Feeling like a slow-poke version of James Bond, I jumped off my tram when it trundled up to Queen Vic Market.  I ran like the wind into to the market hall.  All the tourists, students and office workers were flocking around the usual suspects (the hot dog place and the borek place).  Looking much less popular was Pizza By Nature.  No queues and gluten free - bingo bango, this was the place for me.

Pizza By Nature, Queen Vic Market, Melbourne, Pizza, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
With about eight types of individual pizzas available, I choose Beet 'n' Meat - a pizza with a beetroot base, salami, Roma tomatoes, capsicum, basil, olives and cheese.  It's pre-cooked and reheated in the oven.  I loved the lurid magenta of the beetroot base.  The base was pretty good in texture - a good imitation of a gluten base.  However, it was let down by the fact that it was rather soggy towards the middle - definitely could do more time in the over to crisp/dry that up.  The toppings were good, too.  Nothing fancy and homestyle in nature.  Definitely no grease or excess fat here.


Pizza By Nature, Queen Vic Market, Melbourne, Pizza, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
The second the staff handed me my pizza, I ran back out to the tram stop.  I scarfed it all down by the time the next tram came up.

Pizza By Nature, Queen Vic Market, Melbourne, Pizza, Vegetarian, Gluten Free

Verdict

We really liked it

Overall

A great little healthy pizza shop.  I'd go back again knowing that they have a good range of gluten free and also vegetarian pizzas here.

Find it at

Queen Victoria Market
Corner of Victoria Street and Elizabeth Street
Melbourne

Pizza By Nature Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...