Thursday, November 6, 2014

Oasis Bakery, Murrumbeena by Obelix

I freaking love this place so much I had to take the olds there for brunch.  Well any excuse would do. I recently lunched at Oasis and absolutely loved their food and more particularly their grocery store.


This time round we ordered so thick Lebanese coffee to kick things off; it's $5.50 for a small.


Kiddo was recovering from a bout of gastro and wanted something bland.  So we got her the spiced rice which was very fragrant and had heaps of pine nuts and almonds throughout ($5).

Zaatar bread was an essential ($1.50 each).  I also bought some frozen to take home.

I ordered the chicken Sharwarma and rice.  It was like a deconstructed souvlaki with grilled chicken, salad, pickled cabbage served on a bed of spiced rice and with a pita ($16).  My eyes were bigger than my stomach, this could have probably fed two people.



My parents ordered the Lebanese breakfast which came in several components: scrambled eggs and sausage, chickpea stew, salad, haloumi, olives and pitta ($19.90).

The chickpea stew.

The pitta, salad, haloumi and olives.

Since everyone around us were ordering the chips ($5), we had to get some to see what the fuss was about. They were chunky cut and very crispy.  I suspect they may have been double fried.

Verdict - we loved it.

Overall
I left bloated but happy.  Also have a gander at Big Fil's review back in June 2010.

Oasis Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...