Sunday, May 6, 2012

La Porchetta, Mornington by Bureaucrat

Ah, La Porchetta. LaP brings back memories of uni life and it's short-lived and rather cheesy (sorry!) tv ad. Large pizzas at an affordable price. I think demographics that eat at LaP are either uni students or families.


As I write up this post, I'm salivating at these photos - this is despite being quite full from dinner. LaP doesn't serve up gourmet pizzas (I absolutely lurve a woodfired pizza and I have (secretly) eaten a whole pizza from Crust on more than one occasion) but in its own mysterious way, it does conjure up fairly edible pizzas (with its the stringy pink ham) and they're great if you're on a budget.

After a family trip out at Mornington Peninsula, we stopped by at LaP. I know there are lots of trendy cafes in Mornington Peninsula (and I really wanted to seek them out), but with Bubba Chuck in tow, we opted for LaP as it's child friendly.

So in my family, there are only two types of pizzas we order:


...one with the lot, the stringy pink ham, prawns, onions, salami, mushroom and diced ham.


...seafood, which included smoked oysters, anchovies, prawn, olives and garlic.

Verdict
Food – 7
Ambience – 6.5
Service – 6
Price – 8

Overall
LaP is simple, no fuss Italian food. It is what it is. I'd say it's one of my guilty food secrets. As a person who likes to think she has a sophisticated palate, I'm kinda embarrassed of saying that I like LaP's pizzas. Heck, I'll declare it now - I like LaP's pizzas, just as I like Ikea's Swedish meatballs.

Address
La Porchetta
39 Main Street
Mornington 3931
Telephone: (03) 5977 0400

La Porchetta Mentone on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Vk Ng said...

oh but the steak smothered in creamy mushroom sauce there is quite divine. have you ever tried that?

Vk Ng said...

oh but the steak smothered in creamy mushroom sauce there is quite divine. have you ever tried that?

Bureaucrat said...

hey vkray - is that from Crust? if it is, then I think i've had that before. it was (allegedly) waygu beef with rocket and some mayo/cream-based sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...