Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Noodle, Glen Waverley by Bureaucrat

Food courts aren't my thing.  But sometimes you gotta eat because you gotta eat.

So this is how I found myself at Happy Noodle at The Glen.  It's located in the mini food court that's near David Jones.

And if I'm going to eat at a food court, I'm definitely not getting the bain marie stuff.  So I ordered the Hainanese chicken on rice.  Our buzzer beeped and we got this tray of food in return.  And it reminded me, again, why I avoid food courts.

The chicken was chewy and the skin was rubbery, and it didn't look terribly appetising.  The soup was oily and but had MSG in it (on the plus side, it was piping hot).  And the rice, well, it was warmish and a bit dried out in texture (on the plus side, there were lots of it).  Needless to say, I just ate the bare minimum to ease off my hunger pains and left the rest.

Verdict
Food - 5
Ambience - 6.5
Service - 7
Price - 6

Overall
Yep.... next time I'll get the $2 cheeseburger at Maccas (which is also located in the same mini food court area).

Address
Happy Noodle
The Glen
235 Springvale Rd
Glen Waverley 3150
Telephone: 9802 2138

Happy Noodle on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...