Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Gelato Messina, Pyrmont (NSW) by Bureaucrat

To cap off the rather unimpressive dinner at Din Tai Fung, I had my eye on the ice cream at Gelato Messina.  It seemed to me an upmarket ice creamery.  During my time in Sydney, I had walked past Messina several times.  Each time, there was always a crowd of people lining up.  Once, there were so many people there, that I couldn't see any of the ice cream.


On this occasion, we got coconut and salted mango (R), dragonfruit and ginger (L), and masala and fig (bottom).  The coconut and salted mango was interesting.  I'm not normally a fan of coconut as the flavour is too cloying. However, here, it was mellow and I definitely think the saltiness in the salted mango help cut through that cloying flavour. The dragronfruit was aromatic, almost flowery in flavour.  Disappointingly, it only had a faint hint of ginger and it was a bit too sweet for me.  But it was a very pretty colour. The fig and masala was my favourite.  Deeper flavours, more creaminess and I liked the boozy hit of the masala.




It has lots of mouthwatering flavours, and they certainly look very, very, yummy.



Verdict
Food - 8.5
Ambience - 7
Service - 7
Price - 7

Overall
Very morish ice cream.  Lovely the incredible range of interesting flavours.  I can't wait to try some more!

Address
Messina
Level G
80 Pyrmont St
Pyrmont NSW 2009
Telephone: 02 9571 1918

Gelato Messina Pyrmont on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

missklicious said...

Messina is a firm favourite of mine! Love the never ending range of specials on offer, and can never go past the italian nougat either.

Bureaucrat said...

Hey Missklicious, I couldn't agree more! Now that I know where Messina is located, it'd be hard for me not to get an ice cream when I'm next in Sydney :)

RMIT Newintstudents said...

actually there will be one in Melbourne very soon, I hear.

Bureaucrat said...

Hey Sally, that's good news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...