Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fedele's, Glen Waverley by Obelix

A farewell lunch at work saw us descend en masse at Fedele's Ristorante Italiano.  They conveniently have a 2 courses + wine/beer for $40.  My only gripe about the lunch menu was that it didn't have any vegetarian options for mains.  The anti pasto for entree can be modified to suit vegetarians but that was about it.  I'm only mentioning this as it influenced my choices of two courses as I stuck to more of a pescatarian bent.  

calamari;  fedeles
Fried calamari salad...

For entree, I had the deliciously tender fried calamari.  The calamari itself was beautifully cooked with a crispy light batter.  I wasn't too fond of the fennel, chorizo and roma tomato salad.  I was expecting that to be warm but it was quite cold and I found that jarring in comparison to the lovely warm fried calamari.

fish of the day;  fedeles
My main was the fish of the day.  It was a huge serve of barra which was crispy skinned and laid atop a generous serve of herbacious rice.  I wasn't so keen on the moat of lemony butter which pooled around the rice.  It was a bit too much for me.  I would have been happy with just the simplicity of the pan fried fish and rice.

My colleagues enjoyed their various courses which I will list below.  I must say I was kicking myself when I witnessed the lovely dessert creations coming out of the kitchen.  I should have selected a main and dessert rather than entree and main.  For next time...


Veal saltimbocco


Grilled scotch fillet


Creme brulee and madeleine


Orange and Cointreau crepes


Homemade gelato and sorbet

Verdict

We really liked it
We really liked it.

Overall

I enjoyed most of the elements of each course.  The service was prompt and the two courses deal is great value.

Find it at

Fedele's Ristorante Italiano
460 Springvale Road
Glen Waverley Vic 3150
Phone: 9561 7327

Fedele's Ristorante Italiano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...