Sunday, December 21, 2014

D Dutchman Dairy, Sicamous (Canada) by Bureaucrat

Following our lunch at the Hillcrest Dining Room, our driver suggested that we do an unscheduled stop at an ice cream shop and fruit stall.  It was a place our driver knew well, since she hot-footed across to the ice cream shop the minute we pulled up.

Located off an exit from the Trans Canadian highway, it was clear that the D Dutchman Dairy was very popular among the locals, day-trippers and tourists.  Its big red barn with baskets of hanging flowers adorning the front proved too irresistible not to get some ice cream.


With a wide range of flavours available, we got chocolate and pecan and butterscotch.  Both were delicious and the flavours tasted very real (I think these were genuine flavours and not made with artificial stuff).  Smooth and creamy and the crunchy waffle was pretty good.


Join the crowd, kick your feet up and enjoy some ice cream.


Once we had our ice creams, we wandered to fruit stall opposite DDD.  I squealed with delight as I felt like I was Kramer and the fabled Mackinaw peaches.  These peaches were HUGE and covered with fuzz and you can smell the ripe aroma wafting from them.


The best, Jerry, the best!

I’ve never eaten peaches so sweet and juicy and soft.  And an absolute steal (CAD$2 per kilo).  As we were going to be in and out of planes over the next few days, I only limited myself to buying four peaches and two nectarines.  Seriously these were the best (the best, Jerry!) stone fruits I’ve ever eaten… they’re like a meal unto themselves.  This was probably the only time in my life that I would consider being a fructarian.




The Great Pumpkin... are you there?

I also wanted buy all the different types of berries there but figured it’s probably best since I probably couldn’t have eaten them all the delicate babies in time.

Verdict – we liked it a lot.

Overall
If you’re in the area, join the crowds and take a break and get some ice cream!  Then waddle over to the fruit stall to get some fruit to atone for the calorie intake.

D Dutchmen Dairy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...