Monday, February 17, 2014

A Little Bird Told Me..., Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

While I tend to be more of a tea drinker, I do enjoy a properly made cup of coffee.  While I love the flavour of coffee, I don’t really care for the caffeine hit.  Plus, finding a quality coffee house/cafe is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.  Hence, I drink tea.  At least I know where I get my tea leaves from.  

It was Ms H that put me onto A Little Bird Told Me..., which is a speciality coffee house.  Going by its location, ALBTM seems to be popular with the local university students and pod dwellers that work nearby.  

It's fairly big space for just a coffee house.  I love the ceiling to floor windows that provides ample opportunities for people watching.  The clean looks are complemented by warm wooden furniture fit out and terrariums. Even during the peak periods, the place has a cosy hum.  You can almost imagine that you're in a coffee house in Europe.

While coffee is the mainstay on offer, they do have a small selection of baked treats to tempt you.  Coffee here ain’t cheap - a small cappuccino will set you back $3.80.  I like its coffee because it’s definitely strong, aromatic and smooth.  

Verdict
Coffee – 8
Ambiance - 8
Service – 7.5
Price - 7

Overall
If I ever have the luxury of time, I’d wander in and sip on my brew inside the cafe and maybe allow myself to indulge in a sweet treat. Until then, I’ll have to settle with getting my coffee as takeaway.  ALBTM has made it onto my list of go-to coffee places (the others are Mr Tulk and Fourteen 10).

Address
A Little Bird Told Me...
29 Little La Trobe St 
Melbourne, VIC 3000

A Little Bird Told Me... on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's an awesome looking coffee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...