Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn by Bureaucrat

I love a good pizza and I'm so happy to have stumbled across Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar.  This place left us in a gorgeous carb coma.  So often, I discard the crust from my pizzas because, well, frankly, they taste like cardboard.  But the pizza here at Rocca's is delicious!  Crisp and doughy at the same time - I would willingly eat this on its own... if only all bread tasted like this!

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn, prawn pizza
I don't know who Mari e Monte are, but the Lawyer and I love them both!  This prawn pizza was superb!  Gorgeous succulent and meaty fresh prawns laid on top of this cheesy, garlicky and mushroomy base.  I am definitely going back to see Mari e Monte again!

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn, eggplant pasta
I've forgotten the name of this fresh pasta dish.  It was raggedy strips of eggy pasta that had a lovely fresh tomato-based sauce.  I chose it because it had strips of deep fried eggplant (one of my favourite veggies) and topped with basic and cheese.  It was vegetarian heaven. 

The Lawyer and I licked both plates clean and despite wanting to have desserts, we really couldn't fit more food in... but there's always next time!

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn
Service is friendly and full of Italian flair.  I also liked the bathroom, which had a drawing of Roman Forum.

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar, Blackburn

Verdict

We loved it
We loved it.
Mid value
Mid value.

Overall

Mamma mia!  If I lived closer, this would be my regular go-to pizza place.  I envy the residents who live upstairs in this building - if I were them, I'd pick up a pizza on my way home every night!  If you love pizza, Rocca's is definitely worth your while to try.

Find it at

Rocca's Woodfired Pizzeria and Pasta Bar
Shop 1, 55-65 Railway Road
Blackburn VIC 3130
Phone: (03) 9878 9293

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...