Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lucky Penny, South Yarra by Rockstar

Another sunny Melbourne weekend, another Melbourne brunch. My friend Ms Freo was having a massage near the Jam Factory, so we needed somewhere close and Lucky Penny met the brief.  

Lucky Penny, South Yarra, fruit punch, salted caramel milkshake
We needed something suitable for the heat. Ms Freo chose the home made fruit punch with pineapple ginger beer and fresh fruit. It was light fizzy and refreshing. My salted caramel milkshake was probably not the best choice for a hot day.

Lucky Penny, South Yarra, Tennessee chicken waffles
We decided to share the Tennessee chicken waffles - popcorn chicken shredded chicken in BBQ sauce, maple butter, grilled corn, pickles and sweet waffles. Ms Freo loved it, the BBQ sauce, the crunchy fried bites of the popcorn chicken and she loved that she got to eat all the pickles as I’m not a pickles fan! I wasn’t so keen on the flavour combo, though I did like the popcorn chicken! I have to admit I don’t really understand the savoury waffle combination. I think next time I’d try the cured salmon salad or Nonna’s meatballs.

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.
Mid value
Mid value.

Overall

A lovely light filled cafe with lots of healthy brunch options as well as some more decadent ones!

Also have a gander at Obelix's review back in 2015.

Find it at

Lucky Penny
481 Chapel Street
South Yarra VIC 3141
Phone: (03) 9827 5789

Lucky Penny Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...