Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chef Lagenda, Deer Park by Obelix

Chef Lagenda delivers a roaring trade at their Flemington location (see Big Fil's review) and when J invited me down to Deer Park, to their other location, I readily took her up on the offer.  Located in a shopping strip on the side of Ballarat Road, this Chef Lagenda is a bit more spacious than their Flemy counterpart.

Chef Lagenda, Deer Park, steamed fish
The menu is similar to that in Flemington, a bit of Malaysian hawker style favourites mixed in with Hong Kong style roast meats and congee.  J was in the mood to go "all out" and we ordered a massive Assam Steamed fish to share with rice ($28).  What came was a fragrant steamed fresh water fish...I'm guessing it was a barramundi.  The Assam sauce which we had chosen on the recommendation of the waitress was delightfully spicy and sour with braised pineapple, eggplant and tomatoes.

Chef Lagenda, Deer Park, Malaysian cold drinks
Being a sweltering hot 41 degrees, both J and I quickly ordered our cool drinks.  I had the three colours and J had the coconut juice straight up.  The three colours was not as sweet as others I have tasted, which is a good thing in my book.  Nubbly green tapioca "worms", grass jelly, aduki beans and coconut milk over shaved ice really helped to cool me down.  I assumed they had the air con going but it hardly made a dint on the radiant heat coming through the windows straight onto my back.

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.

Overall

I like Chef Lagenda and the Deer Park version is just as formidable as the Flemy one.  Decent value dishes and quick service.

Find it at

Chef Lagenda
Shop 9-10
835A Ballarat Road
Deer Park 3023
Phone: 03 8358 5389

Chef Lagenda Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...