Thursday, January 17, 2013

Caffe Moravia, Camberwell by Bureaucrat

While out on the hunt for bargains, Mother Hen, Beaker and I did a pit stop at Caffe Moravia.


We picked this place because Beaker had been here before and thought the food was good and also because we had an Entertainment Book voucher.


Inside, the space is narrow but deep.  It's decorated with a simple but classy feel to the place, with warm undertones and smiling staff.


Perusing the menu, I was tempted by the salads.  However, when I went up to place my order, I spied the tuna patty cake, which I ended up getting.  It was gluten free so that was a nice bonus for me.  A hefty patty with an appetising golden crust that had moderate amounts of tinned tuna and lots of tender potato chunks.


Mother Hen got one of the lunch specials - pasta w smoked ham, mushrooms in a white wine and cream sauce.  Mother Hen quite liked her dish, in particular, the quality smoked ham and the white wine sauce which was rich and luxurious but without making the dish too heavy. I tried a bit of the pasta and liked the fact that it was cooked to order (ie the cream sauce hadn't been sitting around in a bain marie) which meant that the mushrooms weren't overcooked and shrivelled up.  I also liked the freshness of the spring onion garnish.


Beaker got the chicken avo salad w a vinagrette dressing.  Fresh salad ingredients w nicely pan fried chicken breasts.  It was simple salad done well.

Overall
A nice cafe that's comfortable, serves good, simple food at a reasonable price with friendly service.  Even without the Entertainment Book voucher I'd come back.  I get a vibe from this place that it's a dependable cafe.

Verdict
Ambience - 7
Service - 7.5
Food - 7
Price - 7

Address
Caffe Moravia
662 Burke Rd
Camberwell 3124
Telephone: 9882 0008

Caffé Moravia on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...